I have compiled a list of 8 useful tips if you’re traveling by air. This tips are from frequent flyers and believe me, they know what the are talking about.
8. Choose an airline and stick to it and get a credit card for miles. Being silver preferred is already so much better than being a normal customer, though of course higher levels are even nicer.
7. You should always keep earplugs in your pocket. You never know when there’s a baby nearby who can’t pop his ears and there’s nothing a parent can do about it. More important, planes are noisy and it can be hard to sleep without.
6. Especially for long haul flights, check seatguru.com before choosing the seat to see if it’s a good one.
5. You should try and get a seat that’ll be on the left side when flying from USA to Europe. You don’t wanna be on the wrong side if the northern lights come out! (won’t happen in summer though, you’ll just see perpetual twilight)
4. When at all possible, namely when flying to go abroad, do not fly with an American carrier if you can possibly help it. They are pretty bad, unless you’re in business (and I even pay a little extra to avoid United if possible). Foreign carriers on the other hand, have better baggage allowances, toys for little kids, better movies, and free alcohol and plenty of it! (Including free liquor usually, not just wine/beer!) The best ones in my opinion are the Arab airlines, like Emirates and Qatar Airways.
3. Also note, the cheapest way usually to fly in/out of Europe is either with Norwegian (budget airline), Icelandair (budget model but has tv screens, and you get up to a week layover in Iceland at no extra charge!), and Aer Lingus in Ireland. Obviously this depends a ton also on where you’re going/coming from, but these guys have all been really worth my while to know about at various points.
2. As a rule of thumb, one alcoholic drink in the air slams your body as hard as three drinks on the ground. Which is good if you have time to kill, but do always ask for water on the side.
1. Opt for aisle seat if you have a small bladder or like to stretch your legs. I don’t mind standing up if awake, but airplane sleep is so precious you get really pissed if you woken up in the middle of it for someone’s bathroom breaks.
If you like this post, don’t forget to share it on Facebook/Twitter.
Follow us on Facebook!